4 Ideas to Transform Your Balcony into a Paradise
A balcony is a favorite place for many day dreamers; it’s where they can peek at the world from a private perch. However when decorating a home, the balcony/terrace often goes overlooked.
From a home décor enthusiast’s perspective, the terrace or balcony offers a space that’s full of possibilities.
Here’s 5 interesting ideas to transform the space into a charming and inviting part of your home:
There's so many ways to make your terrace a comfortable space to lounge. Here’s some simple outdoor furniture you can incorporate into your terrace décor:
▪ Suspended chairs and hammocks
▪ A low wooden charpoy with throw pillows
▪ All weather wicker recliners and foot stools
▪ An alfresco dining table
▪ An aesthetic wall shelf to put trinkets and decorative pieces on display
The terrace receives the most natural light in your home, but at night it needs a little help. Using the correct lighting for your terrace can transform it into a magical space after the sun sets
▪ Wicker floor lamps with rustic designs.
▪ Suspended Japanese paper lanterns.
▪ Wall suspended lamps that emit a warm glow.
▪ Twinkling LEDs to drape over your plants.
▪ Table tea lights and candle stands.
3) Furniture Arrangement
Create a focal point by arranging furniture in a way that it becomes a cosy spot to relax.
▪ Try and create an arrangement that will kindle conversation when hosting an outdoor dinner party with friends.
▪ If you’ve added a recliner, complement it with an elegant side table to place your iced-tea or book.
▪ When it comes to terrace furniture, the lower the better. It creates a feeling of being in a comfortable and private space.
▪ Avoid clutter at all costs – remember, less is more!
4) Plants & Nature
The terrace or balcony is the ideal space to bring the lushness of nature into your home. If you have a green thumb, you know exactly how relaxing and therapeutic potted plants can feel when incorporated into your décor.
▪ Don’t just restrict plants to large pots in your home – miniature table pots with succulents and herbs also look great.
▪ Use shapely iron stands to raise your pots above the ground, at eye level.
▪ Add a birdhouse to your wall as an ornament – who knows, it might just bring home some feathered friends.
▪ Jars and ornate glass bottles can be used to grow plants that thrive in water.
If you’re ready to transform your terrace into a paradise, visit Ishanya Mall – it offers a wide selection of international brands for home décor and accessories.
|@2017. Ishanya Mall. All Rights Reserved.
Opp. Golf Course, Off Airport Road, Yerwada, Pune 411 006, 020 - 4000 4000/45 | Mall Timings: 11am to 10pm