Guide To Buying Furniture For Your New Home
Buying furniture for your new home can be an exciting prospect, but with the range of choices available out there, it can quickly become tricky and confusing.
Here’s a guide to help you buy the right kind of furniture for your new home.
1. Start with the measurements: Before you head out to a home furniture showroom, make sure that you have the measurements of your rooms and of the exact spaces (for which you’re buying the furniture) at hand. This will help you make better choices.
2. Assess the nature of the rooms: It’s best to proceed room by room when buying furniture for your home. To effectively identify the furniture that you would like in a particular room, you will first need to decide what you will be using that room for (example: guest room, study, etc.).
3. Make a rough floor plan: You may also want to draw out a rough floor plan on a piece of paper. This will give you an idea of how the various pieces of furniture will come together in that particular room, and how much extra space in the room you will be left with.
4. Pick a theme: It’s best to identify a theme (or at least a broad colour scheme) for your home or the rooms in particular. With that in mind, it will be easier for you to choose the right furnishings.
5. Check the doorways: You may also want to make a note of the dimensions of the doorways. If you’re buying large pieces of furniture, you want to make sure that they can get through the doorways without much difficulty.
6. Look for investment pieces: Treat your furniture purchases like investments. Apart from looking out for things like storage and utility, make sure that you buy high-quality, durable and exquisite pieces that will look great and last you a long time.
Head to Ishanya Mall for the finest selection of home furniture stores in Pune and pick the best furnishings for your new home.
|@2017. Ishanya Mall. All Rights Reserved.
Opp. Golf Course, Off Airport Road, Yerwada, Pune 411 006, 020 - 4000 4000/45 | Mall Timings: 11am to 10pm